Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Whale You Be Mine? Valentine's Day Card

Good Morning on this Tuesday before Valentine's Day!
My second project this week is a card for my hubby. I used some non-traditional colors and I LOVE it!
I will have a project for you every day this week in celebration of Valentine's Day!!!
 The wave paper I received in my order from Lawn Fawn.  Included in the package was a gift of a few sheets of 6x6 paper and everything was beautifully wrapped in a few yards of bakers twine!!!
 To make my version of a "nautical knot" I actually used some cotton kitchen twine.  I tied 3 strands of twine together (I made 2 of them).  Then I looped the 2 pieces through each other and pulled tight.
I attached the whales and bling to a piece of vellum to set them apart from the patterned paper.  To attach the vellum neatly I put my glue behind the whales and heart where you couldn't see it.

Supplies:
Whale You Be Mine? stamp and die sets  -  Lawn Fawn
Stitched Party Banners die set  -  Lawn Fawn
Yellow paper  -  Nautical, Fancy Pants
Vellum, Copic Markers, adhesive gems
Hawaiian Shores card stock  -  Papertrey Ink
Kitchen Twine

Have a great day!
I will see you tomorrow with another Valentine!

1 comment:

Kim H said...

Cathryn ~ well this is just DARLING! I LOVE everything about it! Those whales are just too CUTE! I bet your hubs loved it like he LOVES you! So happy to see you posting even though I am a tad behind! Hope the weather is treating you all okay???