Thursday, June 13, 2013

Birthday Tag Gift Card Holder - Thrifty Thursday "Circles" with My Creative Time

Good Morning!  Today is Thrifty Thursday at My Creative Time and the theme is "Circles".  Thrifty Thursday is when the design team makes a project with their scraps.  I picked through my scraps and I chose to make a gift card holder out of the Scallopped tag from Emma's Tag Dies.
 

 
 I layered the patterned paper on top of the bottom half of the tag and sewed up the sides with my machine.   A little bit of glue along the bottom insures the gift card will not slip out.   The picture on the left is the back of the tag.  The Sentiment is from It's All About You stamp set and the Arrow is from the Capture Frame die set.

 
 I used two of the dies from the Build A Banner set for the "mini tag" and the cupcake is from Anyday Bingo and Crossword.
 


I cut circles with several size punches and glued them on before I did my sewing.  The Sentiment is from Celebrate Good Times stamp set.
 
Supplies:
Scraps from Cool Summer 6x6 paper pad  -  Carta Bella
1/2", 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches
Hibiscus Burst Cardstock  -  Papertrey Ink
Sizzix Dots Embossing Folder
Shabby Shutters and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks
Ribbon  -  Celebrate It, Michaels
Diamond and Glam Pink Stickles
Hot Fix Crystals  -  Jolee's
 
There are more Thrifty Thursday projects for you to see here.  Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I hope you have a wonderful day!


5 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Your tag/gift card holders are awesome gosh aren't you the creative one!Gosh with all of your sewing and added ideas the tag is a gift within itself gosh how awesome I have to say you are ever so clever, creative and oh so talented.

Mary Ann said...

WOW!Very pretty!Love it!!!!

Cassandra said...

What a GREAT idea for a gift card! Gonna have to steal this idea!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job! I like the pom-poms and the papers you used look wonderful. The little tag is so cute and love the ribbons.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kim H said...

Cathryn ~ Oh this tag is so PRETTY!!! The colors, the circles, the trim and EEK you sewed too! What fun papers!! BEAUTIFUL as always!