Monday, December 31, 2012

Note Pads - My Creative Time December Release Blog Hop

Welcome to the December Release Blog Hop for My Creative Time!!!  You should have arrived here from Cassandra's Blog.  If not you can start at the beginning here!

Today I made two note pads using a few of the new sets.

The first one I made out of chip board and a 3x3 post it pad.  I learned how to make this from the Peachy Keen Stamps booth at CHA in 2010.  This design can also make a beautiful 3x3 card if you don't like to do 3D projects.  I used my glue gun to attach the bow and gem so it would stay on securely with heavy use.
 

I made the bow with some cream color seam binding ribbon that I tinted with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.

 
My second project was an already existing pad that I altered.  It has a magnetic flap that keeps the cover folded over.  Emma's die fit on the front perfectly!!!  Altering a pad is such a great way to make a little gift very quickly!  The receipients are always so happy to get something useful that has been decorated just for them.
 


 
List of Supplies:
Devoted 6x6 Paper Pad - Carta Bella
Blueberry Sky Card Stock - Papertrey Ink
Pale Pink and Red Glitter Card Stock - Recollections
Seam Binding Ribbon and Gem  -  Liz's Paper Loft Boutique
Spun Sugar and Broken China Distress Inks
Jolees Hot Fix Crystals
3x3 post it notes
Gel pen  -  Staples
 
The new MCT news releases I used on these two projects are:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Emma designed this next special stamp as a "THANK YOU" for all of your support throughout 2012! With all of her ups & downs this year, you were ALL here to support her in any way possible! Emma will FOREVER be grateful to each & everyone of you! With that said, she is offering this mini stamp set for FREE to the first 150 shoppers starting @8am PST Mon, Dec 31st. NO SPECIAL CODE is needed. If you are amongst the 150 shoppers, you will automatically have it included w/your order! ONE per shopper please. If you miss out on being one of the lucky shoppers who get this for free, no worries because Emma will be offering it for sale for those of you who "Have to have it!";)
 
 
Don't forget to check out Emma's special SALE items.  Also starting today @ 8am PST, ...you can use the code: NEWYEAR at checkout in Emma's store to get 20% off your entire purchase! YEP, that is even including ALL of my stamps that I have on sale right now in my store! This sale will end on Sunday, Jan 6th @ midnight PST!
 
 Below is the entire line up in case you get lost along the way hehehe!
 
Here is the blog hop line up:

Cathryn ~ http://inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com/   YOU ARE HERE
 
Veronica ~ http://www.vkcreate.blogspot.com/

 
***BLOG HOP GIVEWAY ALERT***

For our Blog hop giveaway, there will be 2 winners chosen from ALL the comments combined! This FIRST winner will have a "GUEST DESIGN SPOT" for our next release & the SECOND winner will win a $25 Gift Card to my store! All you have to do is leave a comment here along w/the rest of the design team's blogs AND also leave a way for us to contact you! Emma will use random.org to pick the lucky winners! All you have to do is leave a comment on all blogs in this hop for more chances to win! The deadline is Sunday, Jan 6th at midnight! I will announce winners on my blog on Tues, Jan 8th! EASY PEASY!!! GOOD LUCK!:)

Your next stop is Cheryl's Blog.

I wish you and your loved ones a very Happy New Year!  Enjoy your holiday!
Love and Hugs,
Cathryn :)
 

79 comments:

JennyKozar said...

Love your projects. Thanks for sharing.

snappy scrappy said...

Both pads are too cute...love the post it one!!Lee-Ann :)
leekubinec@gmail.com

My Creative Time said...

I just LOVE BOTH of your SUPER CUTE notepads my friend! GREAT IDEA!
Big HUGE hugs,
Emma;)

Crafting Katie said...

These are just so pretty, Cathryn! LOVE these!!!

Kim Ricketts said...

I love this!!! Its just so cute!!

Kim :)

cm said...

Adorable note pads. Would love for you to share the 'how to' for making the chipboard cover...PLEASE and thank you! I'm a new-comer to card-making, so anything to help me learn is ever so appreciated.
Thank you for sharing.
cmayne@shaw.ca

CherylB said...

Awesome! I love the note pad holder. Going to have to do this, for sure. Great job, Cathryn

Darlene said...

super cute notepads. love the colors. TFS

Darlene
desaucier at bellsouth dot net

Craft Me This said...

Super cute ideas


Craftmethis@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Great idea and very pretty. TFS
Marlene sillyone323@gmail.com

Helen said...

Fun projects!!

Northern Girl Crafts said...

Such great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Kat
kat.raymond@gmail.com

Live Love and Scrap said...

These notepads turned out super cute!!!! What sweet little gifts!

Hugs,
Sarah

VICTORIA said...

TFS What a great idea Cathryn!!! I love the little post it note pad cover and pen set :)
Victoria
win_or_lose52@hotmail.com

dreenie said...

Great ideas! I really love that kiss die
Dreenie4@yahoo

linda said...

HI I love hearts. Great job.
LindaB
top2kop@hotmail.com

Brenda Wooten Porter said...

so cute!! love the colors too. great idea! love it! thanks for sharing!
brwneyes46@gmail.com

Kim's Kreations said...

Love the note pad idea. Quick and yet elegant. The scalloped heart die is so pretty. Emma has done it again!
ogdendoll@gmail.com

Gaylynn said...

Sweet little note holders all ready for Valentines Day.
http:// NeatNook. blogspot. com
contact@ NeatThings-Boutique dot com

Olivia said...

Such lovely note holders. Olivia wahixane@gmail.com

Sarah Biswabic said...

Your notepads are so adorable!
bbiswabic@new.rr.com

Shar said...

Ohhhh,these are just yummy!!!!! Love the glitteryness of these! :)

Cindy Beland said...

GREAT job with both projects and AWESOME idea for note pad hoder Cathryn!!!Have a happy happy New Year my sweet friend!!!:)

Cassandra said...

What a fun and great little gift idea! They are so pretty! Love them. :) HAPPY NEW YEAR HUGS!!!

Sue D said...

Very cute notepads. thanks for the tip on the glue gun.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

quilt4fun2 said...

Your ribbon colored up so nice and looks fabulous with the glitter heart. The kiss on the magnet closure is so cute. Great job on some very pretty useful gifts.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Tina said...

Your projects are gorgeous, Cathryn.


Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Karen said...

Love your notepads! They are both beautiful! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Joan Smith said...

When I read what your project was about I said 2 myself "you've got to be kidding me" then I forged on and nope it's no joke it is a post-it pad how genius I love it.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So stinking cute! Love it!

hugs,
JoAnn
joboogie at gmail dot com

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Very cute notepad and card!! Great job!! I'm so excited to get my order!!
Angela
chewiescrappin@hotmail.com

Mimi said...

Love both ideas! Any way to get a tutorial (measurements) on your first project? It's very nice!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

TheTulipCollector said...

Beautiful! That looped heart is making me drool and then I get to the Kiss diecut. Cute cute cute.

Jennifer Rose said...

Adorable!! I've always wanted to make little notebooks like these but was always intimidated, but I think I'm going to give it a try tonight!! Great job!! Happy New years!

Jennifer.rose112@gmail.com

CA Scrapper said...

Very cute note pads. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie
cascrapper at gmail dot com

Houses Built of Cards said...

So beautiful! LOVE the sparkly papers!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Adorable! Such cute note pads!

megan.saxe@gmail.com

Caitlin said...

Super cute projects!! This will make great valentine gifts.

caitclark11@gmail.com

Jeri said...

Fabulous projects and a great way to fancy up sticky notes. I don't know how I'd function without them, myself. I don't have any as pretty as your's though.
thomasjeri55atyahoodotcon

Margaret Peppers said...

The post-it note pad is just too cute. I love it.

Margaret
mspeppers@windstream.net

jessica said...

These are AWESOME!!! Cathryn what beautiful projects with the new release!!!
TFS and Happy New Year!!
Jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Kristi said...

Loving the scalloped heart, making myself question if I should have included it on my order!!!! lol
kidshomelove at yahoo.com

Unknown said...

i love your projects, Cathryn. That post it note one is so cool. Thanks for sharing

Shana said...

This reminded me I have some little composition books, I think I will make some for my friends at work.
Yours are too cute.
shanasewing@yahoo.com

PoJo said...

I was just thinking of looking for a way to make notepads! Thanks for sharing!

ptucker6 at cox dot net

Lady Fair said...

These are adorable! Love the papers you used and the embellishments. lflinesatcomcastdotnet

Carol said...

These are so cute...love what you did with the background stamp...something tells me you have a lot more patience than I do...LOL! Thanks for sharing.
XOXOX & Blessings,
Carol
hrhcva@gmail.com

Jaren said...

Love the post-it pad!!
Jaren
Purpleparadisecreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How cute are both of these pads. What a super cute idea.

TFS
Sue
shannegan 16 @ att . net

marg0006 said...

love your 3d projects. have been wanting to do a note pad. Yours is so cute with the scalloped heart.

marg0006 at verizon dot net

Sherry said...

I love your scalloped heart notepad. I would appreciate recieving that, I hope you don't mind if I scraplift it!

An'Jenic G. said...

Cute note pads. I like the use of the glitter on the kisses and heart. TFS AJ-

AJ SCRAPBOOKING & CARDS
jeria22@yahoo.com

Maureen Reiss said...

Love your notepad!! Super cute card too!!
reissfam10 at aol dot com

Alvina said...

I love ur projects, thanks for sharing.
alvinadiaz@msn.com

TYJ419 said...

Love your projects!

Thanks for using the heart die so we could see the size which is a really nice size.

Unknown said...

Great project! I love quick and cute gifts!

Karen said...

I love to alter / repurpose things, too. Great ideas.
Karen L 1020 at gmail dot com

Brenda said...

Love these pad all altered up so cute! Love the papers you chose and love this release!
bsl60 at embarqmail dot com

teachermom5 said...

I really love how you made those dies sparkle! Your projects are beautiful.
teachermom5@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Very cute projects. I love the notepad.

Mary O'Neal
redpupper@aol.com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

both are so cute, cathryn! have a happy and healthy new year!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

These are such cute projects. Love the sparkly scalloped heart. Smooches... frankleecrafts [at[ gmail [dot] com

Debbie said...

both of the notepads are great, nice idea the pink one is so elegant looking
upnurse at aol dot com

Liz O. said...

Cathryn this projects are lovely, TFS!
May 2013 be prosperous and blessed to you and yours!
Have a lovely day!
Liz
unikebyyes{at}yahoo{dot}com

Kim H said...

Cathryn ~ well aren't these so CUTE!!!! I LOVE the post it note with the pen ( LOVE that you let us know it fitsw on a 3x3 card ~ EEEK!! Then the altered note pad ~ I couldn't agree with you more! FABULOUS job! Happy New Year!!

kat.kreations said...

enjoying all the ideas hope I win!
Kat

Jennifer said...

Cathryn,

I love your cute little notepads!!! :) They came out great!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

swhetzell said...

Love your projects!

Glora said...

Oh Cathryn, these are both just GORGEOUS. I love that glitter paper and altered paper pads really are a terrific gift. You peeks this week have been awesome as well. You are such a talented lady! Hugs- Glora

Taylor said...

Sooo super cute and easy!!! Love it and the is just gorgeous. Hugz:) Taylor
DevinTaylorCreations@gmail.com
DevinTaylorCreations.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

Sooo super cute and easy!!! Love it and the is just gorgeous. Hugz:) Taylor
DevinTaylorCreations@gmail.com
DevinTaylorCreations.blogspot.com

Bridget said...

This is an adorable project! It would be super cute to hand out to your girlfriends on V-Day!!

Thanks for sharing your creativity :)

Bridget
NermalJuly14@gmail.com

CathyinMN said...

Very nice projects, and very useful, too! TFS!
tcsobotka at charter dot net

D- said...

Love these note pads. TFS.
dmcardmaker (AOL)

Carol W. said...

Great notepads, perfect to keep organized for the new year or to give as gifts. Thank you for sharing.

Carol W.
workmanscraps at gmail dot com

Scrappin with the bug said...

How fun love the note pads and the cute little altered pad great idea to use the kiss to cover the magnet.

Thanks for sharing.

terri_ski at yahoo dot com

Eida Gomez said...

Love your prpjects and this new release. Thanks

eigomez at comcast dot net

Kathy Salido said...

Both projects are so cute , love the glitter paper

maxwell said...

There are a few points of interest of transforming a PC into a tablet. It is smarter to hold the screen rather than the entire PC on the off chance that you simply need to take a gander at your work.
Best 2 in 1 laptop under 300 in Amazon