Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Classmate Eraser Gift - Day 5 of The Twelve Days of Christmas with My Creative Time

Hello my friends!
It is day 5 of the 12 Days of Christmas at MCT.  Today I have a project I am doing for my children to give their classmates.  We are not aloud to send in any kind of food for holidays or birthdays so when I saw these cute candy shaped erasers I was thrilled.  They are even peppermint scented!
 
I used the Vintage Stitched Label Dies and Vintage Label Stamp Set to make the holder.

 

 I cut out two labels and made slits in the back of one to slip the eraser through. Then I put glue on the edges and pressed them together.
 
 
 

 
 The ornament stamp is from the Noel on From Our Home To Yours Stamp Set.  I masked the rest of the stamp with scotch tape.
 
Other Fabulous Supplies I Used:
Twisty Stix Scented Erasers and Metal Bells  -  Michaels
Holly Day Wishes 6x6 Paper Pad  -  Recollections
 This and that Christmas 6x6 Paper Pad -  Echo Park
Ripe Avocado Card Stock  -  Papertrey Ink
Festive Berries and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks
Lady Bug, Rich Cocoa and Tuedo Black Inks  -  Memento
Red Gems
Black Enamel and Glossy Accents
 
 
HUGE GIVEAWAY ALERT!
Okay, since it's Christmas, Emma decided to give away TWELVE of her FAVORITE things to ONE LUCKY person! She will announce one of the prizes for each day in her video! So by the 12th day, you will see ALL 12 items that ONE lucky person will be receiving! All you have to do is leave your comments each day! It's that simple! ALSO, **VERY IMPORTANT** Please leave your contact information so we can contact you "IF" YOU are the lucky winner!
 
I hope we have given you some inspiration for your holiday preparations!  I am in awe of my fellow memers of the MCT Design Team!  Fabulous job my sweet friends!
Have a fabulous day!
Love and Hugs,
Cathryn :)
 


47 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Your tags are gorgeous gosh you did an amazing job how in the world did you come up with so many clever ways to do these and you used so many of EMMA's die and such just a fantastic job..I love them all soooo much!!

linda said...

HI You did a super job.
LindaB
top2kop@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

After this week, I am adding the vintage stitched label die to my wish list. So many great projects featured it. I love that eraser...so fun for the kiddos and a thankful reprieve from the candy canes that come home. Thanks for sharing. slbuller at fullchannel dot net.

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!!! Lee-Ann :)
leekubinec@gmail.com

CherylB said...

Super cute job on these. They are so cute. I imaging I could use a candy cane instead? Might have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

Diana said...

That's so sad that the schools haven taken away the "fun" from our kids! Anyway, your tags are great and I know the kids will love their erasers!

bdcampers@msn.com

alethea said...

What a great substitution for candy!! Love your tags!! HUgsxx

Crafting Katie said...

Fabulous idea, Cathryn! These are adorable!!!

jessica said...

Another GREAT classroom gift idea!!! LOVE how it is not candy too :)
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

CathyinMN said...

You did a great job decorating those die cuts! Too bad the kids will probably just tear them off and throw them away -- I'd try to keep it if it were given to me. TFS!
tcsobotka at charter dot net

Christine's Creative Cards said...

love the bells tied to the back and the bling on the front. Wonderful tags. TFS --C

christinescreativecards@gmail.com

CA Scrapper said...

What a fantastic idea, they are so adorable!!

Leslie
cascrapper at gmail dot com

Houses Built of Cards said...

SOOO pretty! LOVE the bells and little touches of bling!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcard.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Cathryn ` OMG! Where did you find these erasers??? I LOVE, LOVE this idea!! Oh and they smell too! Well I LOVE the idea and that paper!! Look at all the dies and images you used too! ADORABLE as always! You find the CUTEST little things for gifts!!! LOVE!!!

VICTORIA said...

I love your candy holders fun idea and looks super quick!!!
:)
Victoria
win_or_lose52@hotmail.com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

That would make a Great gift for the kids. Smooches... frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

TheTulipCollector said...

What a fabulous idea. It does look good enough to eat though!

Craft Me This said...

Super cute. Love crafting and being creative. This is great.


craftmethis@gmail.com

Lala's world said...

This is a good idea. Great job!

cm said...

I visualize a classroom of super-thrilled students when they receive these gifts! They are beautiful and oh-so-clever. Trip to Michaels on my 'to do' list! Thank you so much for sharing; these really did brighten my day.

Kristi said...

These are so awesome, and they look like fun candy!
kidshomelove at yahoo.com

Brenda said...

These are too cool! What a cute idea for students, love the erasers and love the tags and how you put them on the erasers. Too clever!!!
bsl60 at embarqmail dot com

Sue D said...

What a cute way to decorate these fun erasers!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

quilt4fun2 said...

I have never seen erasers like this before...what a great find. Your decorations on them are so pretty. Great job!

Lady Fair said...

Beautiful tags! Love how you lifted the ornament from the NOEL stamp. Very clever!
lflinesatcomcastdotnet

Patty said...

Very cute use of that label dye...it's very versatile!! Love your papers!

Cindy Beland said...

SUPER CUTE project idea Cathryn!great little gift for kids,Thanks for sharing!!!:)

Alvina said...

Wow, great job, I really love your tags, thanks for sharing.

alvinadiaz@msn.com
alvinascreations.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Very nice job.


Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Love the tags. I have never seen erasers like that. Cute idea.

TFS
Sue
shannegan 16 @ att . net

Maureen Reiss said...

Love this idea!! Very cute!!
reissfam10 at aol dot com

Sherrie K. said...

So cute Cathryn! LOVE the papers:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

kdnkdd said...

Super cute labels.

Marissa said...

What a great idea!


rissaflor atyahoo dotcom

Debbie said...

nice job, these eraser are terrific, I have heard about this before not being able to give food candy. thanks for sharing
upnurse at aol dot com

cal8007 said...

Hi Cathryn, what a neat idea. I've seen those erasers and thought about buying more; great job!!

Hugs,

Carmen L
cal8007 at aol dot com

shanry said...

Love it! TFS your tags with all of us.
Shanryx2@yahoo.com

An'Jenic G. said...

Awesome tags and I love the little bells used. TFS AJ-

An'Jenic G. said...

Forgot my email information. =)

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards
jeria22@yahoo.com

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful tags,guillotma@bellsouyh.net

Gaylynn said...

Beautiful work using this new label die. Great gifts.
http:// blog.NeatThings-Boutique .com
contact @NeatThings-Boutique .com

PoJo said...

Love your ideas!
ptucker6 at cox dot net

Melissa said...

So pretty, gr8t job!

mzcherub at gmail dot com

Evelyn said...

Super cute gift idea. tfs
Evelyn
evl14512 at gmail.com

D- said...

Love this gift idea. TFS.
dmcardmaker (AOL)

teachermom5 said...

Great idea, so festive looking. Great job. teachermom5@gmail.com

Scrappin with the bug said...

What pretty tags. Love them

terri_ski at yahoo dot com