Friday, April 22, 2011

Hey Chickie - My PKS Sketch Challenge Entry



Hello my wonderful blogging friends!  This is my entry for The Peachy Keen Stamps Sketch Challenge #50.  If you would like to see the sketch click here.  This sketch also has a twist.  You must have gold in it somewhere in honor of PKS's 50 sketch challenge!!!  I just got this Cottage Cutz Ducky die and couldn't wait to use it. I stamped and embossed the sentiment in Gold first then Tuxedo Black.  I also added some black gel pen to the egg after I took the pictures, sorry.   I so enjoyed making this card, I hope you enjoy looking at it!

Materials:
PKS The Scrapping Cottage Duck w/egg  CC-PK4x4-020
Sentiment - Color Me Happy Stamp Set - My Creative Time
Circle Nestabilities
Patterned Paper - Making Memories Flower Patch Collection
Gold Paper - Martha Stewart Gold & Silver Elegance Stack
Cardstock - Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Rustic White, New Leaf & Lemon Tart - Paper Trey Ink (PTI)
Ribbon - Melon Mambo - PTI
Brilliance Gold & Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pads -Tsuineko
Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink
Lemon Drop Twine - The Twinery
Martha Stewart Fringe Scissors for grass
Pompom Lace from Joanns
White Gel Pen

I hope you all have a fabulous holiday weekend!  Thank you for stopping by.  Love & Hugs, Cathryn :)

10 comments:

June Houck said...

Cathryn, that has to be the sweetest little duck ever! I like the paper behind him (like eggs...or raindrops). I love the tiny pom-poms too. Cute card!

Glora said...

Perfection!!!! I absolutely ADORE this chickie! Dang I wish I had ordered it last week. Now it will have to get added to my next order. But I hate to wait. You did an amazing job on every single detail. Emma's stamp is perfect in gold. Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

Jovan said...

This is just so cute! I love that little chick!

Cheryl said...

Love the bow in your chick's hair and the face is too cute!!

Kristin said...

Adorable card! I just got this little guy in the mail today! I can't wait to use it:) TFS

Cindy Beland said...

ADORABLE!You did such a beautiful job on this card,Like always!!Super SUPER JOB my friend!! :)

Janice W. said...

Your card is adorable!! I just received my dies today and can't wait to play! Thanks for playing along with us again at PKS! Good luck!

Esther said...

Aww! How sweet! Love your background paper, the grass and the cracked egg!

Unknown said...

Oh how cute is that CHICK!!! LOVE this card with the clever elements Cathryn, especially the EGG! It looks REAL! Thanks for playing along with us at PK. Good luck! Viv x

Unknown said...

How in the world did I miss this card. I really thought I had left a comment on this on..hmm. Anyway, as always amazing. The little chickie is too cute. I love the patterned paper you used too. Nothing but loads of fun, and cuteness:)

Hugs,
Stephanie